Comments: USOC names Apolo, U.S. men its March athletes of the month

Congratulations to those handsome and talented American Boys!A little warm up for Vancouver 2010! Whoo-hoo!

Posted by LuvSci at April 19, 2008 11:08 AM

Yay for the USA team! It's good to be recognized for their accomplishments.

Posted by Deb at April 19, 2008 12:07 PM

Gotta gripe about my pet peeve. Now days I see so many mis-used words. It's the spell check problem. You spelled it correctly but it is the wrong word.

"...did not let the setback phase him" It should be faze, meaning to disconcert; phase means a stage in development or a physical state as in "gas phase".

Posted by Deb at April 19, 2008 12:30 PM

"CONGRAT'S!!!!"

Posted by Bella at April 19, 2008 1:05 PM

I'm so glad that our world champions are getting the recognition! Congratulations, guys!

Posted by Susie at April 19, 2008 6:35 PM

Congratulations Apolo and the men's team!

I'm with you Deb. We Americans have become so dependent on electronic proofreading we seem to be forgetting how to proofread our own work.

And then, there's the influence of text messaging....

TMTH.

Posted by Trisha at April 19, 2008 7:00 PM

Congratulations to Apolo and the mens short track team!!

They deserve it, I'm glad they are getting recognized.

Posted by Apolosgal at April 19, 2008 7:34 PM

..."faze him.."? Well deserved and congratulations again to our outstanding men!

Posted by SusanG at April 20, 2008 8:22 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

What a great honor, recognizing all of all your awesome accomplishments! We are so proud of you! Congratulations Apolo, Jeff, Jordan, Ryan, and JP!

Posted by Tiggie at April 20, 2008 9:06 PM

and the coach of the year is the Usspeedskating president son's.....wow

Posted by :-))))) at April 21, 2008 11:31 PM

Kinda O/T but I was just watching DWTS and they said that in 2 weeks it's the 100th episode and they're bringing back some of the favorites, including Apolo. He and Julianne are dancing again I guess.

Posted by BP at April 22, 2008 8:15 PM

Congrats to our guys!!

Posted by sue at April 22, 2008 8:43 PM

Also off-topic..BP, I heard about that too. May 6, right?
Sounds cool to me :)

Posted by Mars at April 23, 2008 8:20 AM

Great article
Apolo and teammates earned every bit of that glory and sweet taste of victory

It will be refreshing to see Apolo on TV again, even for just a fleeting moment

Posted by An Apolo Fan at April 23, 2008 11:14 AM

Congratulations to Team USA and to Apolo for the well-deserved honors! Thanks for the link to the press release. Noelle, has this been posted on the main page of the US Olympic Team site or in the Gold Medal Pass newsletter? I thought I was checking pretty regularly, but maybe I missed it. I know everyone is gearing up for Beijing, but these guys' accomplishments should be front & center!

Posted by SST/Susan from LA at April 25, 2008 10:42 AM

SST, as far as I know this news was not posted anywhere on the USOC site or in the newsletter. I only found out about it because of a news alert (the USOC published a press release and that was how I got the alert). I agree, it should have been up on their main site - I looked for it, because I wanted something prettier to link to than the bare-bones press release.

Posted by noelle at April 25, 2008 12:12 PM